The Indian Wells Valley Water District District has both mandatory and voluntary watering restrictions to encourage water conservation through efficiency. The mandatory restrictions per Ordinance 103 are as follows:
“No water user shall waste water. ‘Waste’ means the following:
- During the months of April, May, June, July, August, September and October: all customers of the District (residential/commercial/public/industrial) with even-numbered addresses may only operate irrigation systems on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and odd numbered addresses may only operate irrigation systems on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Irrigation systems may not be operated on Mondays. Landscape Areas shall not be irrigated on the surface, except for hand watering and/or the use of a drip irrigation system, between the hours of 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, unless a special permit is issued to accommodate newly planted material.
- During the months of November, December, January and February: The only difference is that you may now water at any time of the day. The restrictions to even numbered addresses watering Tues, Thurs and Sat and even-numbered addresses Sun, Wed and Fri is the same.
- Landscape irrigation to an extent which allows water to runoff the area being irrigated, specifically onto sidewalks and streets creating an undue, continuous flow of water.
- Washing down hard or paved surfaces, including but not limited to sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking areas, tennis courts, patios or alleys, is prohibited except when necessary to alleviate safety or sanitary hazards, and then only by use of hand-held bucket or similar container, a hand-held hose equipped with a positive self-closing water shut-off device or a low-volume water broom, high-pressure cleaning machine equipped to recycle any water used. General maintenance cleaning shall be performed by other means such as by using a broom.
- Knowingly allowing water to leak through water connections, hoses, faucets, pipes, outlets or plumbing fixtures.
- Limits on washing vehicles: Using water to wash or clean a vehicle, including but not limited to any automobile, truck, van, bus, motorcycle, boat, motor home, or trailer, whether motorized or not is prohibited, except by use of a hand-held bucket or similar container or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive self-closing water shut-off nozzle or device. This subsection does not apply to any commercial car washing facility that recycles water.
- No water shall be provided to any structure hereafter constructed or remodeled unless the plumbing fixtures to be installed conform to requirements of law as to flow capacity.”
Ordinance 103 – Emergency Water Conservation Regulation in its entirety including regulations specifically for restaurants, other food establishments, hotels and motels.Ordinance-No.-103-Emergency-Water-Conservation.pdf